From: Dave Olson <Dolson@cloverpark.k12.wa.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Feb 22, 2004 at 21:03:30
Subject: Code breaking - History

I am planning a unit on matrices and will do some encoding and decoding
using matrices.  I want to add a little history to the unit and thought I
would talk about the WWII German coding machine "enigma"  I have read a
few articles on the machine and its history but I cannot find out one
simple fact.  Was the enigma machine based upon matrices and their
inverse or some other technique.  I think it was but I am not 100%
sure.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®