Q&A #134

Real-world problem solving

View entire discussion

From: Cindy Lane
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 14, 1998 at 22:55:16
Subject: Real-world problem solving

I teach fifth grade in an intermediate school. I am interested in lessons and
curriculum having to do with real-life problem solving. Something my students
have done this year is start their own business. They have done everything from
developing a job application,  writing a manual, and accounting, to developing
a sales strategy.

I would like to do more projects like this, but I want to be sure that I get in
all the required skills. I once saw Mark Drews do a unit involving a housing
development. Are there more units like this, or curricula planned around this
type of problem solving and math instruction?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®