From: Paul Burgmayer <pburgmayer@gvsd.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 16, 2004 at 21:34:49
Subject: Re: Manipulatives for square roots

Suzanne,

Thanks again for the fast response.   You're right about trying it and seeing
what the students do.  I will let you know what happens.

One point I still am not clear on.  If I have a 2X2=4 square and a 2x3=6
rectangle, you said I would have 24 squares.  That's what I don't see.  I
count 10, not 24.  There has to be some multiplication of the two to get 24.
 What am I missing?

Paul

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question