From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 17, 2004 at 06:24:48
Subject: Re: Manipulatives for square roots

Hi Paul,

I'm glad that you're persistent. I don't know what I was thinking! This isn't
that trivial, is it? You weren't missing anything.

I see that Jeanne has suggested another idea and perhaps she can help
me with what I'm thinking, too. I might be going down the wrong path but
since I started it, I figured I'd tell you what I'm thinking of now!

It was too tedious to write it all in ASCII and so I made a drawing and
put it here:

   http://mathforum.org/~salejan/squareroot.gif

Any thoughts Paul or Jeanne?

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service