Q&A #137

Trig/Pre-calculus sites/books

View entire discussion

From: Aimee Smith <Aimeees@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 13, 1998 at 12:39:22
Subject: Trig and Precal sites/texts

I am currently teaching a class that is described as Precalculus. We spend half
the year reviewing what are basically Algebra II topics, and the other half of the
year trying to squeeze in the sections on Trig (fundamental rules, identities,
angle addition formulas, graphing, polar coordinates, etc.), vectors, and
statistics. It is a class open to all students who have "successfully" (D or
better in this area) completed Algebra II and Geometry. I had no problem covering
the material when the classes were smaller but now that more students need a
fourth math class I find myself out of time at the end of the year with several
units left to go.

My question is: is there a site or a book (or books) that you can recommend for
use in this class that covers these topics in a "fun" and "exciting" way? Many
students who are coming into the class are of the mindset that they just have to
be there, and don't quite have the enthusiasim that the first several groups of
students that I taught had.

Also, can you recommend any good programs/software to check out that reinforce/
drill students on the concepts that they have previously covered in their math

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®