Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #1375

Teaching problem solving to at-risk students

View entire discussion

From: Jody
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Mar 29, 1999 at 21:27:26
Subject: Teaching problem solving to at-risk students

My Texas elementary school is looking for ways to improve our students' (at-risk students in particular) math problem solving strategies and ways to effectively assess the students' problem solving. In addition, we are seeking information on how to better address the various levels of ability within the school. (We are a school of 600+ students.) Does anyone know of programs that would help our at-risk students with these issues? Does anyone know of a program that can instruct the teachers on how to better evaluate problem solving? How does your school help those students who are low performers in math? Thanks!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/