From: Claudia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Apr 27, 1999 at 20:13:12
Subject: Re: How math & art are related

There are innumerable ways. There is an old mathematics book that has a
chapter on math and art. I will try to track the title down for you. Also
COMAP recently had come up with a book on three of its ARISE programs, known
as "Mathematics: Modeling Our World" published by South-Western Publishing
Co.; there is an entire chapter devoted to math & art!

There was an article in the February 1992 "Mathematics Teacher under Using
Technology" to show how spreadsheets can be used to connect math and art
similar to the kind of art done by Salvador Dali. Check out the work of
MCEscher and the many books on tessellations!

All of the computer graphics used to create "special effects" in movies come
from mathematics and art!

Hope this helps!

 -Claudia, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/