From: Nancy Pocklington
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 29, 1999 at 09:45:19
Subject: Advantage Math Program

The company that makes the Accelerated Reader Program has recently come out
with a program for mathematics - Advantage Math. I am interested in feedback
regarding the use of this program. I would be using it with 6-8th graders who
need more individualized instruction. Our math classes typically have 28-33
sutdents. Within that group are English as a Second Language students (little
or no English - typically several grades behind), Dyslexic students,
Inclusion (special education) students, along with the standard range of
capabilities for "regular" students. With 28-33 students in a class , and the
emphasis on"student centered" learning, I am anxious to try anything
automated that will enable me to tailor to the specific needs of each child.

In addition to the "regular" classes, our school has a semester long
remediation class for 8th graders. This may also be a target group for the
use of the Advantage Math program.

I have received (many) brochures regarding this program, however I have not
seen it in action. If you have used this program, please let me know what you
think of it. I have my own (personal) Macintosh at school, so I would be
interested in any comments regarding using the Mac vs PC.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/