Q&A #1507

Advantage Math Program

View entire discussion

From: Nancy Pocklington
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 29, 1999 at 09:45:19
Subject: Advantage Math Program

The company that makes the Accelerated Reader Program has recently come out with a program for mathematics - Advantage Math. I am interested in feedback regarding the use of this program. I would be using it with 6-8th graders who need more individualized instruction. Our math classes typically have 28-33 sutdents. Within that group are English as a Second Language students (little or no English - typically several grades behind), Dyslexic students, Inclusion (special education) students, along with the standard range of capabilities for "regular" students. With 28-33 students in a class , and the emphasis on"student centered" learning, I am anxious to try anything automated that will enable me to tailor to the specific needs of each child. In addition to the "regular" classes, our school has a semester long remediation class for 8th graders. This may also be a target group for the use of the Advantage Math program. I have received (many) brochures regarding this program, however I have not seen it in action. If you have used this program, please let me know what you think of it. I have my own (personal) Macintosh at school, so I would be interested in any comments regarding using the Mac vs PC.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®