From: Judy (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 10, 1998 at 21:45:40
Subject: Re: Learning multiplication tables

Susan, I agree with Mary Lou about flash cards.  I recommend them whenever
asked.

Another tool you might try if your son enjoys music is to get him one of the
many multiplication tapes on the market. There are Multiplicatin Rock,
Multiplication Rap, or Multiplication Country, depending on his musical
preferences.  Many of my students use these to help them memorize the facts.
They are available at school supply stores, many discount stores such as
WalMart, or through catalogs.

Your son is on the right track, just hang in there.

- Judy

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/