From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 08, 1999 at 19:36:20
Subject: Re: Real life geometrical shapes

I participated in two in-service programs a few years ago that explored
shapes. In one of them, the participants had to predict what the inside of a
variety of fruits and vegetables would look like. Then we cut them open and
related what we found to figures and solids. We also explored whether the way
we cut them made a difference in the way the cut looked from the side.

Another activity involved looking at buildings to find examples of shapes and
solid figures. We looked at construction sites and fully constructed
buildings.

 -Gail, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question