From: Anne Eggleston
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 07, 1998 at 14:04:27
Subject: Large numbers and technology

I am planning a unit for 5th grade gifted students involving large numbers, and
would like to integrate technology.  I am vaguely familiar with the program
Mathematica, but it seems to be too sophisticated for my students. My question is
this: Is there a program designed for younger students which would enhance our
exploration of large numbers, exponential growth vs. linear growth, graphing
equations, scientific notation, and manipulating statistical information so that
it becomes more meaningful?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®