From: Claudia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 07, 1998 at 22:53:16
Subject: Re: Large numbers and technology

There are many packages out there but I definitely agree that Mathematica is NOT
the answer.

IBM has a DOS program (DO NOT GET THE NEW WINDOWS VERSION) called the Mathematics
Exploration Toolkit, which would be wonderful for this project. However, although
it has a table feature, it is not a statistical package.

The best thing you might want to think about would be a spreadsheet that has
graphing capabilities. There are many, and your school probably has one as a basic
set of software. The Toolkit can be ordered from your IBM rep or EduQuest. Let me
know if you need more help with either Toolkit or a spreadsheet.

- Claudia

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®