From: Rick (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 25, 1999 at 17:11:18
Subject: Re: Lesson plan

I do not know if this is an option but consider revamping the course. Rather
than have a focus on the test, get materials that might focus on problem
solving and modelling. You could then emphasize those areas that are included
in the test. When I taught these classes, I felt like a total failure when I
am focused on the test(s). However, when I found some "interesting" modeling
problems, the kids were better and learn a lot more. As I said, I do not know
if this helps but I think it makes sense to try it.

PS - Take a look at the new textbooks out that were funded by the NSF.
Perhaps one of those might be a first step.

http://www.ithaca.edu/compass/

Good Luck!!!

 -Rick, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message