From: Claudia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 18, 1999 at 19:53:56
Subject: Re: Graph sketching

I would think that most folks are using the graphing calculator, as Pat
suggested. It is so easy to have the students graph "families" of functions
and discover their own rules for what happens when I add a constant to the
f(x)? What happens when I add a constant to the x or to f(x+c)? Students
learn quite well when exploring the changes from graph to graph and have an
opportunity to verbalize/communicate those changes to one another in
mathematical terms!

-Claudia, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/