From: Claudia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 18, 1999 at 19:53:56
Subject: Re: Graph sketching

I would think that most folks are using the graphing calculator, as Pat suggested. It is so easy to have the students graph "families" of functions and discover their own rules for what happens when I add a constant to the f(x)? What happens when I add a constant to the x or to f(x+c)? Students learn quite well when exploring the changes from graph to graph and have an opportunity to verbalize/communicate those changes to one another in mathematical terms! -Claudia, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/