From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 19, 1999 at 13:04:47
Subject: Geometry

I teach a geometry class with strong students and want to redesign the course
to allow students to generate their own questions.  I want to set up the
course so I provide an environment that introduces
a topic but gives students the opportunity to take over and ask and answer
their own questions.

Sometimes I think I get in the way of my students.  I think if I structured
the course differently, they would far surpass my expectations and learn not
only the "basics" but also topics I didn't think they could understand.  I
know this is possible and would like to have a correspondence/conversation
with other like-minded teachers.

I have access to computers although I want students to have a choice of
working with and/or without computers. Sometimes I think of throwing away the
textbooks and writing my own materials but experience tells me I need the
structure of a text to use as a spring board...and I don't have time to devote
to writing each lesson myself.
Thanks for the opportunity to ask for help.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/