Q&A #1610

Voluntary math enrichment for K-5 school

View entire discussion

From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 29, 1999 at 20:12:13
Subject: Re: Voluntary math enrichment for K-5 school

I must admit that I do not really have much direct experience with elementary level students. I am a middle school teacher, however, I had a few ideas that might be helpful for you. Geri Anderson-Nielsen's lessons called "Sketchpad for Little Ones" has some great lessons! You can find it on the Web at: http://mathforum.org/sketchpad/littleones/ Another idea is to teach students how to tessellate! I have had many responses from elementary level teachers stating that their students loved these activities. The complete site is here: http://mathforum.org/sum95/suzanne/tess.intro.html The Harcourt Brace site has some very fun java pages that are interactive. I just worked one that was a matching activity with clocks and time! You can find it at: http://www.harcourtschool.com/menu/main_page.html?toc_id=4&sort=0&viewer=0 Then, of course, there is the wonderful Elementary Problem of the Week hosted by the Math Forum which you can find at: http://mathforum.org/pow/ I hope some of those ideas are helpful. -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®