Q&A #1610

Voluntary math enrichment for K-5 school

View entire discussion

From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 29, 1999 at 20:12:13
Subject: Re: Voluntary math enrichment for K-5 school

I must admit that I do not really have much direct experience with elementary
level students. I am a middle school teacher, however, I had a few ideas that
might be helpful for you.

Geri Anderson-Nielsen's lessons called "Sketchpad for Little Ones" has some
great lessons! You can find it on the Web at:

Another idea is to teach students how to tessellate! I have had many
these activities. The complete site is here:

The Harcourt Brace site has some very fun java pages that are interactive. I
just worked one that was a matching activity with clocks and time! You can
find it at:

Then, of course, there is the wonderful Elementary Problem of the Week hosted
by the Math Forum which you can find at:

I hope some of those ideas are helpful.

 -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®