From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 30, 1999 at 22:19:25
Subject: Re: Algebra Contests

The University of Mississippi runs 5 different contests one of which is
called the Algebra in Action Contest. You can access their website here:

http://www.olemiss.edu/mathed/algebra/index.html

Your daughter might also find their other contests interesting. The 5
different contests are described here:

http://www.olemiss.edu/mathed/problem.htm

I am a middle school teacher at Frisbie Middle School in Rialto, California
and one of our teachers has used the Middle School Madness as part of his
classroom instruction for 2 years. He has had three students who have won
the calculator. It is quite an exciting prize.

The other idea that I thought of was to suggest the Problems of the Week
that the Math Forum hosts. There are no prizes involved but it is a great
activity. You can find the various PoWs here:

http://mathforum.org/pow/

 -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/