From: Claudia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 01, 1999 at 22:30:39
Subject: Re: TI calculators

First of all, the NUMBERS do not really MEAN anything!  In fact, the TI-85
came out when the TI-81 did. The 85 is an antique!

Of the ones you listed, the 83 is the best buy. It has much more to offer
than the 82, but is very similar to the 82. The 86 has replaced the 85. The
86 is a nice calculator for engineering folks, although not as spectacular
as the 89 (the newest)!  I teach at a Math & Science school and the 83's
are what we recommend to our students, primarily because of the wonderful
job it does with statistics!  You can also go directly to the TI web site at
www.ti.com and get the latest information.  There is also a new technology
which, if you bought a 83 plus, would allow you to download upgrades and
programs directly into your calculator from the web site.

 -Claudia, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/