From: Idella <speciale@stargate.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jun 03, 1999 at 19:43:39
Subject: Re: Class Repetition

Well I have decided to let my daughter go into the second grade. I feel that
holding her back at this point might discourage her. First of all, the
teacher thought if they held her back she would be with kids her own age. So
she really is not that much younger than her first grade peers. That was the
main reason for wanting to hold her back. She gets lots of help at home with
her home work and is a great reader.

I feel holding her back in 1st grade to help her mature could be a mistake,
because my daughter would be with other children just coming out of
kindergarten and that could set her into a regression. So my husband and
I are going to work with her over the summer and I am going to get her
involved in some kind of summer activity to help her mature a little.

Thank You

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®