From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 04, 1999 at 00:25:55
Subject: Re: Tangrams

I am a middle school teacher in California and I thought I would just add a
little to your last two questions. I heartily agree with the response that
Gail wrote to your first question.

I am not sure about the "most" part of your question but I did want to tell
you that tangrams are commonly used in middle schools in California. We use
them to help with understanding of fractions since there are relationships
between the different pieces and also spatial visualization and symmetry
concepts.

Tangrams are one of the manipulatives included in the kit that we have in our
classrooms. I think it would be interesting, too, to find out what other
countries use tangrams!

 -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/