From: Marielouise (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 13, 1999 at 16:28:28
Subject: Re: A book with geometry and Algebra II

I do not know the requirements of the IB program.  However, I have taught from
the University of Chicago School Mathematics Project text:  FST (Functions,
Statistics and Trig).  The text integrates transformational geometry with
matrices to teach the trigonometric identities.  It is an unusual text. I have
always believed (used it for seven years) that the reading of the text was at
a much higher level than the exercises.  This is where I supplemented
materials so that the exercises were at the same level as the readings.

New York State has a required integrated curriculum Course I, II and III.
Perhaps you will find what you wish in their materials.

I hope that this gives you some ideas.

-Marielouise, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/