Q&A #1647

A book with geometry and Algebra II

View entire discussion
[<<prev] [next>>]

From: Marielouise (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 13, 1999 at 16:28:28
Subject: Re: A book with geometry and Algebra II

I do not know the requirements of the IB program. However, I have taught from the University of Chicago School Mathematics Project text: FST (Functions, Statistics and Trig). The text integrates transformational geometry with matrices to teach the trigonometric identities. It is an unusual text. I have always believed (used it for seven years) that the reading of the text was at a much higher level than the exercises. This is where I supplemented materials so that the exercises were at the same level as the readings. New York State has a required integrated curriculum Course I, II and III. Perhaps you will find what you wish in their materials. I hope that this gives you some ideas. -Marielouise, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®