From: Berta
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jun 14, 1999 at 19:52:59
Subject: TI-83 or TI-83 Plus Graphing Calculator

I am a high school math teacher who will be purchasing a view screen and graphing calculators for school. My dilemma is: do I buy the TI-83 or the TI 83 Plus? It seems reasonable to buy the 83 Plus since it is the "new, improved" model. However, the textbook we will use has integrated graphing calculator lessons which give instructions for the TI-83. I am afraid that it will be confusing for my students if the keystroke directions in their textbook do not work on the TI-83 Plus. I welcome suggestions from anyone familiar with these calculators.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/