Q&A #1653

Remedial teaching models

View entire discussion

From: Hazel Lewis
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jun 15, 1999 at 09:24:50
Subject: Remedial teaching models

We are designing a small group (3-4 students) short term (10 weeks) pull out remedial model for second and third graders who are having problems in the regular mathematics classroom. We are running a similar program for reading literacy modeled after Reading Recovery. We would want to use non- traditional approaches, since the traditional ones have not reached these kids. Focus would be repetitive and manipulative for very early skills - number sense, place value, addition facts. Are there existing models out there that we can use to help set up our program?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®