From: Hazel Lewis
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jun 15, 1999 at 09:24:50
Subject: Remedial teaching models

We are designing a small group (3-4 students) short term (10 weeks) pull out
remedial model for second and third graders who are having problems in the
regular mathematics classroom.  We are running a similar program for reading
literacy modeled after Reading Recovery.  We would want to use non-
traditional approaches, since the traditional ones have not reached these
kids.  Focus would be repetitive and manipulative for very early skills -
number sense, place value, addition facts.  Are there existing models out
there that we can use to help set up our program?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/