From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jan 22, 2006 at 09:10:53
Subject: Re: Great Books for the Math Classroom

Hi Carol, Marielouise responded from personal experience which is the best in my opinion, but I thought you might also find this list interesting to scan from one of the T2T FAQ: Math Books Recommended by Mr. Brandenburg http://mathforum.org/t2t/faq/brandenburg.html The real reason I recommend looking at it is because he includes annotations that help you know at a glance what the book is about. Looking through it can also stir memories! Some of my favorites from his list include: Flatland The Joy of Pi all of Keith Devlin's books The Number Devil all of Theoni Pappas' books How to Solve It >I am compiling a list of great books that should be in every high school >math classroom. Do you have any suggestions? -Suzanne A., for the T2T service Thanks for visiting our on-line community. Visit Teacher2Teacher again at http://mathforum.org/t2t/ It is now possible to make a financial contribution to help The Math Forum. Please read more about this possibility: http://www.drexel.edu/ia/mathforum/.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/