From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jan 22, 2006 at 09:10:53
Subject: Re: Great Books for the Math Classroom

Hi Carol,

Marielouise responded from personal experience which is the best in
my opinion, but I thought you might also find this list interesting to
scan from one of the T2T FAQ:

   Math Books Recommended by Mr. Brandenburg
   http://mathforum.org/t2t/faq/brandenburg.html

The real reason I recommend looking at it is because he includes
annotations that help you know at a glance what the book is about.
Looking through it can also stir memories!

Some of my favorites from his list include:
   Flatland
   The Joy of Pi
   all of Keith Devlin's books
   The Number Devil
   all of Theoni Pappas' books
   How to Solve It

>I am compiling a list of great books that should be in every high school
>math classroom. Do you have any suggestions?

 -Suzanne A., for the T2T service

It is now possible to make a financial contribution to help The Math Forum. Please read more about
this possibility:
http://www.drexel.edu/ia/mathforum/.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question