From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 18, 1999 at 09:11:02
Subject: Re: Hand as abacus

I had not heard about this but it sounded so intriguing I thought of trying
to find something by searching in the Math Forum:

http://mathforum.org/grepform.html

I typed in "abacus" and "hand" and I checked the box for exact words but left
all the parameters the same and I found a great Dr. Math response on the very
idea you asked! Archives are amazing resources!

http://mathforum.org/dr.math/problems/harbin3.18.96.html

Unfortunately, the link on the page is no longer correct but I think the
summary of the idea might be helpful to you.

 -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/