From: Josh Britton
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jun 17, 1999 at 14:06:38
Subject: Group research project in geometry for students

I would like to have my students do a significant project in my geometry
project. I have surfed the net in search of a suitable project but found
nothing that I really want.

I am specifically looking for a complex, open-ended scenario which would
require teams of students to do some research, come up with multiple possible
solutions, choose a preferred solution, and describe implementation of that
solution.  I would like the scenario to be based on a real-world problem.
The best I have found so far was at

http://thayer.dartmouth.edu/~teps/materials.html

where a project for designing cookie cutting dies was discussed.  However, I
do not have the resources needed for this project.  Another possibility is a
site that gave students various responsibilities for designing a parking
center in Chicago.  Though creative, this site, I thought, was short on
specifics.

Could you please suggest some sites, books or other resources? Thank you very
much.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®