Q&A #16688

View entire discussion

From: Belina Galimidi <bgali001@fiu.edu>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Feb 13, 2006 at 09:43:34
Subject: Multiplication

About 6 years ago I was flipping the channels on the T.V. remote and I came across a program about teaching multiplication to older students. It used a method that I was not familiar with, but sounded very interesting. The method used systematic steps and a 3x3 square, like a tic tac to grid. The steps were slightly different for odd and even numbers, and it worked for all numbers, not just a trick for a certain number. I remeber one of the steps being that if the number was even then you place a zero in the middle square, and if the number was odd you place a 5 in the middle square. I'm very interrested in teaching this method to my ESE/inclusion math class. If any one has any information of what the method is called and where I can find more information please e- mail me at bgali001@fiu.edu. Thanks, Belina

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®