From: Cynthia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Feb 18, 2006 at 08:54:52
Subject: Re: Teaching mathematics

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question to T2T.

I'd say that one of the challenges of teaching math is getting students to
focus enough time and energy on learning it. I taught at a large urban high
school in the U.S. and many of the students had jobs, and they were also
involved in many other activities.

>To mathematics teachers: What is the main problem that you have
>encountered in teaching maths? How did you address this problem?
>
>I am an education student and would like to teach maths. For one of my
>classes, we have been asked to find answers (globally) to the above
>questions on the internet. I would appreciate it if you could state the
>country you are from, with your answer. Thank you for any help provided.

 -Cynthia, for the T2T service

It is now possible to make a financial contribution to help The Math Forum.
Please read more about this possibility:
http://www.drexel.edu/ia/mathforum/.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®