From: Katy Comstock
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 03, 1998 at 22:31:51
Subject: K-2 math lesson

I am currently interviewing and need to teach a 20-minute math lesson to either a First or Second Grade class. I won't know the children (thus, I'm not sure the range of levels I'll be working with) and I won't know exactly what they have already done, so I'm looking for something general. I would like to start as a whole group, reading a short picture book (math trade book) and introducing the concept (mini-lesson), then move to a hands-on activity. I really appreciate any suggestions you could give me. I feel comfortable teaching math, but this is an unusual situation - I'm not sure about the most effective lesson for a 20-minute time period with children I don't know. THANKS! Katy Comstock

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/