From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 25, 1999 at 13:59:55
Subject: Re: Gender equity in mathematics

I'm not sure what grade level you are aiming for and I'm also not sure
if what I am suggesting would be what you are looking for....but....since
my middle school girls thoroughly enjoyed the project, I thought I'd share it
with you.
When I teach graphing/charting using spreadsheets, I introduce the idea of
pictograms. My students, particularly the girls, love to find "pictures" that
match the survey data. You can see the directions here:

http://www.rialto.k12.ca.us/frisbie/pictogram.html

http://www.rialto.k12.ca.us/frisbie/pictogram2.html

http://www.rialto.k12.ca.us/frisbie/pictogram3.html

 -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/