From: Mel Evans
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jun 25, 1999 at 18:26:29
Subject: Remedial mathematics

We are in NZ on a Church Mission.  One of our members recently failed a
skills test for the Army.  We want to help him gain basic skills.  I can
tutor him at the rate of two or three hours per week.  I plan to ask the Army
Recruiter what the tests contain, but in the meantime I am trying to find
methods and resources that might be helpful to him.  The person's culture is
Maori, and I think he has good potential, but did not get much of an
opportunity to learn the basics.  My background includes 32 years at Bell
Labs with plenty of Applied Math.  Are there any resources that you would
suggest?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®