From: Treg Thompson
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jun 27, 1999 at 19:24:56
Subject: Web sites designed by teachers for their class

I am a graduate student at Purdue University Calumet.
This summer I am doing a research project that involves looking for
innovative ways in which the internet is being used to help facilitate the
learning of pre-calculus type mathematics (especially beginning algebra).

I have found tons of very useful and interesting things on the
web, including resources, on-line tutorials, java/js apps, etc.  However,
what
really want to investigate is how teachers put these various resources
together for a particular class.

If you have made a website (or other internet application) for your class
and are willing to share the URL (and possibly answer some questions about
your site) I would be most grateful.  Also if anyone knows of a listing of
such websites it would be very helpful.  Any course from high school
algebra up to college pre-calculus would be appropriate.

Just to clarify, I am not looking for distance learning courses, but
rather I am looking for ways that the internet has been integrated as an
extension of a regular class.

I plan to put my findings to use and design a website to accompany the
beginning algebra course MA021 offered at Purdue Calumet.

Thanks

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®