Q&A #1698

Web sites designed by teachers for their class

View entire discussion

From: Treg Thompson
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jun 27, 1999 at 19:24:56
Subject: Web sites designed by teachers for their class

I am a graduate student at Purdue University Calumet. This summer I am doing a research project that involves looking for innovative ways in which the internet is being used to help facilitate the learning of pre-calculus type mathematics (especially beginning algebra). I have found tons of very useful and interesting things on the web, including resources, on-line tutorials, java/js apps, etc. However, what I really want to investigate is how teachers put these various resources together for a particular class. If you have made a website (or other internet application) for your class and are willing to share the URL (and possibly answer some questions about your site) I would be most grateful. Also if anyone knows of a listing of such websites it would be very helpful. Any course from high school algebra up to college pre-calculus would be appropriate. Just to clarify, I am not looking for distance learning courses, but rather I am looking for ways that the internet has been integrated as an extension of a regular class. I plan to put my findings to use and design a website to accompany the beginning algebra course MA021 offered at Purdue Calumet. Thanks

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®