Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #17020

math textbook adoption

View entire discussion

From: Catherine Roberts <casroberts@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Apr 19, 2006 at 18:44:54
Subject: math textbook adoption

Our district plans to adopt a new math textbook series K-8 in the next two
years. My school has been using Saxon Math for the past 5 years. A number
of teachers (myself included) are dissatisfied with Saxon and are
searching for a curriculum that supports NCTM standards. We want to
preview at least two different textbook series for comparison. "Everyday
Mathematics" is one I am considering. What other series should we consider?
I am also having trouble finding unbiased evaluations of math
series/textbooks on the net. Any suggestions for helpful sites? Thanks,
Catherine Roberts

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®