From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 29, 1999 at 22:13:15
Subject: Re: Mathematical manipulatives

I am not quite certain what kind of mathematics manipulatives you might need. Do you just need any kind or will you be using them to teach a certain mathematics concept? My first thought is that you can make a set of polyhedra as a demonstration tool from a web site from which you can print the nets. You will find them here: http://mathforum.org/alejandre/workshops/net.html I actually think that it is a more effective learning tool if the students put them together. Another idea is that there are tangrams available on the web here: http://mathforum.org/trscavo/tangrams/tangram-pieces.html Then, if you would just like to use manipulatives with your students that are on the Internet, here is a nice collection of links: http://www.rialto.k12.ca.us/frisbie/coyote/math/manipulatives.html I hope that is helpful. If there is a specific manipulative or mathematical concept that you were thinking of, please write back and we will try again. -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/