From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 29, 1999 at 22:13:15
Subject: Re: Mathematical manipulatives

I am not quite certain what kind of mathematics manipulatives you might need.
Do you just need any kind or will you be using them to teach a certain
mathematics concept? My first thought is that you can make a set of polyhedra
as a demonstration tool from a web site from which you can print the nets. You
will find them here:

http://mathforum.org/alejandre/workshops/net.html

I actually think that it is a more effective learning tool if the students
put them together.

Another idea is that there are tangrams available on the web here:

http://mathforum.org/trscavo/tangrams/tangram-pieces.html

Then, if you would just like to use manipulatives with your students that are
on the Internet, here is a nice collection of links:

http://www.rialto.k12.ca.us/frisbie/coyote/math/manipulatives.html

I hope that is helpful. If there is a specific manipulative or mathematical
concept that you were thinking of, please write back and we will try again.

 -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/