Q&A #17076

View entire discussion

From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 13, 2006 at 08:33:52
Subject: Re: curriculum

Hi Dave, There are two sites on which to find opposing views of which to books to use and why. It seems that they are very political, but they are also comprehensive within their philosophies. Mathematically Correct http://www.mathematicallycorrect.com and Mathematically Sane http://mathematicallysane.com After viewing the two sites I think you might conclude that Mathematically Correct would probably recommend what you are using now, the Saxon series. So, you might find it more interesting to look at what the resources Mathematically Sane lists for a contrast to what you are currently using. This page, in particular, might be useful: http://mathematicallysane.com/links/nsfprojects.asp I noticed that your email address is from Temple University. The Math Forum is now part of the School of Education at Drexel University in Philadelphia. Perhaps we are neighbors? >I was wondering if anyone can give me information about math programs for >HS curriculum. I am teaching at a school right now that is using a Saxon >series that deals with spiral learning. There are alot of holes in the >program and I want to know if anyone can direct me to some new math >programs or possibly some modern text. Something needs to be done quick >because the curriculum has not been changed since 1987. If anyone reading >this can be of any service please reply to the post of email me directly. >Thanks, >Dave Bofinger -Suzanne A., for the T2T service Thanks for visiting our on-line community. Visit Teacher2Teacher again at http://mathforum.org/t2t/ It is now possible to make a financial contribution to help The Math Forum. Please read more about this possibility: http://www.drexel.edu/ia/mathforum/.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®