From: Christy
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 01, 1998 at 20:31:43
Subject: Quilts, stained glass windows, art in general

I teach 8th grade math and Algebra and would like some suggestions on how to do a unit on quilting in my math class. We recently finished our standardized testing for the year and there are only 14 days of school left. I wanted to use quilting, making stained glass windows (faux ones..not using real glass), something along these lines to teach shapes, symmetry, rotation, translation, and reflection. I need some guidance. All of the lessons I've seen posted are done in the elementary classrooms and involve little to no math. I want to make this meaningful for my students and I just need some suggestions. HELP.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/