From: Gail (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 10, 2006 at 20:53:02
Subject: Re: best practices in math/ belief statements

>We are beginning to research the areas of best practices in teaching
>elementary math and from there move on to writing belief statements about
>the teaching of math in our school.  Does anyone have some they would
>like to share?  Thanks.

Dear Jackie,
I agree with Claire.  Here is a URL for some of the resources NCTM has.   I
would also suggest you take a look at their position papers and white
papers.  I believe these may be in a "members only" part of the website,
though.  :-)       http://www.nctm.org/standards/

 -Gail, for the T2T service

It is now possible to make a financial contribution to help The Math Forum.
Please read more about this possibility:
http://www.drexel.edu/ia/mathforum/.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®