From: Cynthia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: May 07, 2006 at 21:51:23
Subject: Re: Volume problem

Hi Patricia,

I like the question that you are asking. And I also like the student's
thinking, that it might help us to fit the TV in a cabinet. So let's think
about it more. So you have a cabinet a certain size. Let's say 20 in X 20
in X 20 inches. So the volume is 8000 in^3. Right? So let's say you have a
tv that has a volume of 8000 in^3, does that mean that the tv must fit? Can
you tell me why or why not? But I really like the kind of thinking that
this kind of question and the student's answer generates. I used to tell
kids, that's a great wrong answer. :-) Now how about your suggestion that
it somehow relates to surface area? Tell me more about that.

 -Cynthia, for the T2T service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®