From: Jackie <ccbach@wctc.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 21, 2006 at 22:50:11
Subject: Re: New pre-algebra course without prerequisites

Hello, Gail. Thank you for answering my question, and I hope you don't mind if I ask another. I've been doing some "research" on-line the past few days. I have been looking at course descriptions for many different school districts in my own area (central Wisconsin) as well as across the country. I haven't yet found one that offers 7th grade pre-algebra without some prerequisites, some being fairly stringent. I also have read from several different educators that this course is considered "advanced" for 7th graders and that it is not for MOST students. Your comments were encouraging, but what is your opinion on what I noted here? (By the way, luckily our teachers and administrators are remaining positive and upbeat, and I know they will do their best to make this fast implementation a success.) THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/