From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 01, 1999 at 20:14:27
Subject: Re: Problem solving models

By "implement this activity," I am not quite sure if you want your students to have some samples of good problem solving models or if you need the bank of problems to use or if you are looking for both of them. However, I have two ideas to help you. One is that you can provide your students with examples of good problem solving by using the Dr. Math Archives. http://mathforum.org/dr.math/ From that page you can show them solutions to problems at an elementary, middle school or high school level depending on what grade you teach. I use these often when I start a unit. My students read and take notes on a selected set of questions/answers from the Dr. Math Archives. Another idea of an example would be to use the format that I have written up for my students here: http://www.rialto.k12.ca.us/frisbie/coyote/math/diagram.html My second idea is if you are looking for actual problems, the best source of good problems are the Problems of the Week in Dr. Math arvhives! Again, there are different levels but you can view all of them here: http://mathforum.org/pow/ Besides the current problems, there are archived problems which you can give to your students. Here are some other sources for a variety of problems which you could use: http://www.eduplace.com/math/brain/ http://www.mcdougallittell.com/math/txmath/problem.htm http://pegasus.cc.ucf.edu/~mathed/problem.html I hope some of those ideas are helpful for you. -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/