Q&A #17200

Polynomial Examples

View entire discussion

From: Bob Cross
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 31, 2006 at 10:56:55
Subject: Polynomial Examples

I am working with several kids in math as a tutor and teacher and am constantly asked the same questions. The most prevalent is "Where, in the real world, can I see polynomial equations in use?" All the math books give plenty of problems, but never show a real-world example. I have used a couple of acceleration problems such as determining speed or radius in a roller coaster curve to limit the "G" forces, but I am having a difficult time finding other examples. Can you help?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®