From: Bob Cross
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: May 31, 2006 at 10:56:55
Subject: Polynomial Examples

I am working with several kids in math as a tutor and teacher and am
constantly asked the same questions.  The most prevalent is "Where, in
the real world, can I see polynomial equations in use?" All the math books
give plenty of problems, but never show a real-world example.  I have used
a couple of acceleration problems such as determining speed or radius in a
roller coaster curve to limit the "G" forces, but I am having a difficult
time finding other examples.  Can you help?

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/