From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jun 04, 2006 at 12:08:32
Subject: Using Numbers From Hurricane Katrina to Teach a Math Concept

I am a student taking a literacy education course. A group of us are doing a project in which we are making a lesson plan about Hurricane Katrina with a focus on how difficult it was for some people to evacuate due mostly to economic circumstances. We are a group that includes future social studies, English, biology, Latin and math teachers. I am looking for ideas on how to teach a math lesson at the middle school or secondary level that also teaches something about Hurricane Katrina. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/