From: Cynthia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 10, 2006 at 11:12:39
Subject: Re: Pi day Feild trips

Hi Amanda, Thanks for writing T2T. These activiites for Pi Day may give you some ideas. http://mathforum.org/t2t/faq/faq.pi.html I don't know where you live, but I had one idea to go and measure circular items. Like trees, for example. You could measure the trees circumference, and the kids could calculate the radius. You could go around a small ciruclar pond and figure out its diameter (distance across - which would be pretty hard to go straight across :-)) Sorry that I couldn't come up with many ideas for you. >I am looking for a feild trip or feild trip options for Pi day. Does >anyone have any good ideas? -Cynthia, for the T2T service Thanks for visiting our on-line community. Visit Teacher2Teacher again at http://mathforum.org/t2t/ It is now possible to make a financial contribution to help The Math Forum. Please read more about this possibility: http://www.drexel.edu/ia/mathforum/.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/