From: Cynthia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jun 10, 2006 at 11:12:39
Subject: Re: Pi day Feild trips

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for writing T2T.

These activiites for Pi Day may give you some ideas.
http://mathforum.org/t2t/faq/faq.pi.html

I don't know where you live, but I had one idea to go and measure circular
items. Like trees, for example. You could measure the trees circumference,
and the kids could calculate the radius.

You could go around a small ciruclar pond and figure out its diameter
(distance across - which would be pretty hard to go straight across :-))

Sorry that I couldn't come up with many ideas for you.

>I am looking for a feild trip or feild trip options for Pi day.  Does
>anyone have any good ideas?

 -Cynthia, for the T2T service

It is now possible to make a financial contribution to help The Math Forum.
Please read more about this possibility:
http://www.drexel.edu/ia/mathforum/.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®