From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 04, 1999 at 10:19:11
Subject: Re: Teaching probability and statistics

A general place to start is here:

http://mathforum.org/probstat/probstat.html

Specifically, I have gathered some resources that I use with a unit for
middle school students. The page is here:

http://www.rialto.k12.ca.us/frisbie/coyote/math/dr.math.prob.html

and there is an accompanying student page.

Another great source for middle school level and especially for troubled
students are the pages from the Shodor Organization:

http://shodor.org/interactivate/activities/index.html

When you access those applets, make sure to look at the "what," "how," and
"why" parts. They definitely add a lot of helpful information.

The other idea would be to join one of the discussion groups that the Forum
hosts. You can find a list of them here:

http://mathforum.org/discussions/

I hope that some of this helps!

 -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/