Q&A #1722

Teaching probability and statistics

View entire discussion
[<<prev] [next>>]

From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 04, 1999 at 10:19:11
Subject: Re: Teaching probability and statistics

A general place to start is here: http://mathforum.org/probstat/probstat.html Specifically, I have gathered some resources that I use with a unit for middle school students. The page is here: http://www.rialto.k12.ca.us/frisbie/coyote/math/dr.math.prob.html and there is an accompanying student page. Another great source for middle school level and especially for troubled students are the pages from the Shodor Organization: http://shodor.org/interactivate/activities/index.html When you access those applets, make sure to look at the "what," "how," and "why" parts. They definitely add a lot of helpful information. The other idea would be to join one of the discussion groups that the Forum hosts. You can find a list of them here: http://mathforum.org/discussions/ I hope that some of this helps! -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®