Q&A #1722

Teaching probability and statistics

View entire discussion

From: Marielouise (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 13, 1999 at 21:05:43
Subject: Re: Teaching probability and statistics

Suzanne gave you many websites to check. Perhaps you are looking for answers for your own understanding. There is a book called: The Cartoon Guide to Statistics by Larry Gonick & Woollcott Smith. It is published by Harper Perennial (1993) ISBN 0-06-273102-5 I would look for it in a Barnes & Noble type bookstore. I like this book because it uses methods such as cartoons and drawings to illustrate many of the basic principles. If you are teaching middle/high school students, they will like this method. I have learned almost all the statistics I know on my own from reading books and asking questions of friends in the field. This is one of my source books. -Marielouise, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®