From: Marielouise (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 13, 1999 at 21:05:43
Subject: Re: Teaching probability and statistics

Suzanne gave you many websites to check.  Perhaps you are looking for answers
for your own understanding.  There is a book called:

The Cartoon Guide to Statistics  by Larry Gonick & Woollcott Smith.

It is published by Harper Perennial (1993)
ISBN 0-06-273102-5

I would look for it in a Barnes & Noble type bookstore.

I like this book because it uses methods such as cartoons and drawings to
illustrate many of the basic principles.  If you are teaching middle/high
school students, they will like this method.

I have learned almost all the statistics I know on my own from reading books
and asking questions of friends in the field.  This is one of my source
books.

 -Marielouise, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/