From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jul 06, 1999 at 19:35:56
Subject: The best Master's program in mathematics education

I am a civil engineer considering a career change. I would like to teach
calculus and honors mathematics in a high school. Knowing what you know now
about how the school systems work and the knowledge that you gained from
your personal education, what would you do differently? What universities
would you attend to be better prepared for the teaching field? How would
you approach a teaching career? Do you know of any universities that have
grants, stipends or other programs that can pay for my Master's in
Mathematics Education degree 100%? What is the best university to attend
for a teaching career in mathematics? What universities should I stay away
from? Nova Southeastern University has a Graduate Teacher Education
Program for people with bachelor's degrees in fields other than
education. Does anyone recommend or disapprove of this university? Any
recommendations would greatly be appreciated. My engineering career for the
past four years has been monotonous and very boring. I resigned from my
company and substituted for four months at local high school. I found it
very challenging and rewarding. The students commented that I did a better
job than their regular teacher and suggested that I consider teaching
fulltime. There were some bad days but the good days outweigh the bad ones by
far.

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®