From: Claudia (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 07, 1999 at 10:43:42
Subject: Re: The best Master's program in mathematics education

I was very fortunate when I decided to get mathematics certification because the University of New Orleans had a phenomenal team of educators pass through its halls at the time! If I had the money and time, I would attend Columbia University and work under Henry Pollak, Ph.D. for my Ph.D. in mathematics education! On a realistic note, several universities offer certification programs for professionals in content areas to join teaching. Harvard is one of them! There are programs in several needy areas, like the Delta of Mississippi where your entire expenses are paid, but you teach in the really needy areas. Another possibility is to contact the National Consortium of Secondary Schools in Science, Mathematics and Technology to get a list of the Mathematics/Science schools across the country. You do not need a teaching degree to teach them. You are required to have am master's degree in some area, though, to teach at one. I am not sure which one would be closest to you? -Claudia, for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/