From: Michelle Bernstein <mbernstein@ashlandhs.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jul 06, 2006 at 20:08:42
Subject: Designing Curriculum

I teach 7th grade math to heterogeneously grouped students.  We use CMP
in the 7th grade and the district and I are very invested in the
program.  We have never tracked/grouped students in the 7th grade but due
to increasing demands I am piloting a one year math program for 25
students who excel in math.  I do not want to completely abandon CMP
because I feel it teaches valuable skills that these students have not
yet mastered however they do pick up the material at a much faster pace.
These students should place into accelerated algebra in the 8th grade and
will not use CMP in that course so using 8th grade books is also an
option.  I was wondering if anyone could share tips on how they
successfully teach leveled math using the same resources as all other
levels.  Does anyone know of any other supplementary texts or materials
that I could also invest in?  Any ideas or insight would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®