From: Michelle Bernstein <mbernstein@ashlandhs.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jul 06, 2006 at 20:08:42
Subject: Designing Curriculum

I teach 7th grade math to heterogeneously grouped students. We use CMP in the 7th grade and the district and I are very invested in the program. We have never tracked/grouped students in the 7th grade but due to increasing demands I am piloting a one year math program for 25 students who excel in math. I do not want to completely abandon CMP because I feel it teaches valuable skills that these students have not yet mastered however they do pick up the material at a much faster pace. These students should place into accelerated algebra in the 8th grade and will not use CMP in that course so using 8th grade books is also an option. I was wondering if anyone could share tips on how they successfully teach leveled math using the same resources as all other levels. Does anyone know of any other supplementary texts or materials that I could also invest in? Any ideas or insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/