From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 06, 1999 at 23:25:53
Subject: Re: Long division

I am not certain how many different ways there are but I do know that the
most effective way is the one that makes the most sense to you!

Here are two different methods described in the archives of Dr. Math.

Division as Repeated Subtraction
http://mathforum.org/dr.math/problems/lewis3.6.98.html

What Is 65 Divided by 3?
http://mathforum.org/dr.math/problems/garrettdiv.html

I thought this dialogue was interesting:

http://mathforum.org/epigone/math-teach/bluzhesna

Then just from the Web:

Script to Generate Long Division Examples
http://barnyard.syr.edu/longdiv.html

This is a start. Other T2T responders will have some other examples
for you too!

 -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/