Q&A #1733

Long division

View entire discussion
[<<prev] [next>>]

From: Suzanne A. (for Teacher2Teacher Service)
Date: Jul 06, 1999 at 23:25:53
Subject: Re: Long division

I am not certain how many different ways there are but I do know that the most effective way is the one that makes the most sense to you! Here are two different methods described in the archives of Dr. Math. Division as Repeated Subtraction http://mathforum.org/dr.math/problems/lewis3.6.98.html What Is 65 Divided by 3? http://mathforum.org/dr.math/problems/garrettdiv.html I thought this dialogue was interesting: http://mathforum.org/epigone/math-teach/bluzhesna Then just from the Web: Script to Generate Long Division Examples http://barnyard.syr.edu/longdiv.html This is a start. Other T2T responders will have some other examples for you too! -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®