Q&A #17351

alternative ways to mulitply

View entire discussion

From: ---
To: Teacher2Teacher Service
Date: Jul 12, 2006 at 23:07:52
Subject: alternative ways to mulitply

Hello, As a fifth grade teacher, I look for a variety of ways to teach multiplication. I'm familiar with the standard algorithm, lattice, partial product and the box method. I've heard about the "bowtie" method, but I can't seem to find anything about it. Could you please explain how this method works? Thanks, Erin

Post a public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®